These are my thoughts. They are for me. For the me now, and the me to be.
I don't always make sense, and I like living that way.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I want the stars and the moon and everything inbetween us

I had a rough day. Mentally, I was excited in the morning!
                                              Frustrated in the afternoon.
                                              Loaf in the evening...
And on my walk home, from visiting with a friend who attempted to cheer me up,
                                              I fell in love with the above
                                              the night sky, up high
I looked with my eyes, and could see
the moon smiling down at me
tellin me, "calm down, don't worry"
and I felt guilty, for my fury
In the afternoon, I was mad,
in the evening I was sad
All these emotions, coming out of me
and only now did I see
that things will be alright.
Maybe not tonight,
but in due time
so for now, I'll rhyme
to keep me sane
and calm my brain
 because it helps to write
late at night
when I reflect on my day
and I can finally say
that the sky is all I need
to help me succeed,
to stay relaxed
no more pain in my back.
My rhymes may be unwise
but this poem made me realize
that all I need
is to breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment